So how will the EMR adoption timelines benefit you? To summarize:
The HITECH Act and enacting of “meaningful use” Electronic Medical Records (EMR) calls for physicians to install and become proficient in using a EMR system by 2014, with financial incentives in place to encourage adoption even sooner. The following is an outline for achieving a maximum dollar figure and minimal time expenditure, brought to you by MyEMRChoice.com:
1. January, 2010: Begin EMR selection criteria for a system that fits your needs. MyEMRChoice.com has initiated this step for thousands of visitors to our free site.
2. Spring 2010: See EMR demonstrations and select an EMR System. Plan for install/training in Summer 2010.
3. Fall 2010: Go-live and have staff become proficient in demonstration “meaningful use” of the EMR system.
4. 2011: Stage 1. Receive funds ( $18,000) for EMR compliance and meaningful use.
5. 2012: Receive funds ($12,000) for EMR compliance and meaningful use.
6. 2013: Stage 2: Receive funds ($ 8,000) for EMR compliance and meaningful use.
7. 2014: Receive funds ($ 4,000) for EMR compliance and meaningful use.
8. 2015: Stage 3: Receive funds ($ 2,000) for EMR compliance and meaningful use.
Follow the timeframe above to receive the full $44,000 for EMR compliance and adoption. For each year that you postpone using a EMR system, you will forefit that and the previous years’ incentive funds.
With over 300 EMR systems and vendors to choose from, MyEMRChoice.com assists physicians in making a informed, quick and accurate choice of a Electronic Medical Record system.